Re: [exim] Ha: Re: How many times does router run for multip…

Author: vitas1
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Ha: Re: How many times does router run for multiple recipients?
Hmmm, I think I find the problem. Thanks for all pieces of advice. :-)

When recipient addresses belongs to the same domain router runs only ONCE
for this domain.

So if one of recipients does NOT match the condition criteria ("condition
failure")
the router doesn't process the remaining recipients for THIS domain.

But it WILL process recipients in another domain.

Example:

#Router configuration
blackholes:
# Only addr1 should be blackholed!
condition = ${if match{$local_part}{addr1}{1}{0}}
driver = redirect
data = :blackhole:
no_verify

Assume message has 2 recipients in the same domain: addr1@??? and
addr2@???

If router "sees" addr1 first it will blackhole it (as it matches condition
criteria) and then will process addr2.

If router "sees" addr2 first it will finish it's work for this domain
(because of "condition failure").

"Unseen" option doesn't help.

So situation looks a little strange: some recipients could be processed by
router by some couldn't be -
it depends on order in which recipient addresses are "seen" by router.

Regards,

Vitas.