著者: Rejo Zenger
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] nested condition
++ 02/10/08 03:29 -0700 - Phil Pennock:
>> One more thing, you said "and assuming that the username is, by this
>> point, the $local_part being routed". Why wouldn't that be the case?
>> In my situation, this part of a router which is one of a couple
>> taking care of the local delivery of the message.
>
>Your requirement is that the mail be to a local user's username. What
>defines a username of a local user? Is there check_local_user on this
>Router?

Nope, there is not. But, from the documentation for this option I would
guess it would be a good idea to use it: "When this option is true, Exim
checks that the local part of the recipient address (with affixes
removed if relevant) is the name of an account on the local system."

Still, I am not sure if I have understood you correctl:

>In my mail-domain, "phil.pennock" is an alias for my regular user
>system
>code. If the Router with this condition comes after alias expansion,
>then $local_part will have that usercode (as opposed to, say,
>$original_local_part) and if we have a check_local_user constraint then
>we can just compare against $local_part as a proxy for checking the
>username.

So, for example, I have a message for foo@???, which is a
virtual domain on the server. Messages for foo@??? are to be
forwarded to local user bar on the same server (say system.example.net).
The final destination would become bar@???.

The message is going thru the routers twice, first for the delivery of
the message to foo@??? and then, after expansion, for the second
address. Right? If this router with this condition is after the one that
does the alias expansion the router would only check for the username
bar instead of both foo and bar. Is that what you are saying?

--
Rejo Zenger . <rejo@???> . 0x75FC50F3 . <https://rejo.zenger.nl>
GPG encrypted e-mail prefered.