[exim] Exim issues with shadow_transport

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Chris Zimmerman
CC: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exim issues with shadow_transport
[ bcc'd the -dev list, to let discussion fork ]

On 2008-09-25 at 16:53 -0400, Chris Zimmerman wrote:
> rim_bis_notifier_virtual_user:
> driver = pipe
> headers_only
> command = /usr/local/cpanel/bin/rim_bis_notifier "${local_part}@${domain}"
> user = "${lookup{$domain}lsearch* {/etc/userdomains}{$value}}"
> group = ${extract{3}{:}{${lookup{${lookup{$domain}lsearch*
> {/etc/userdomains}{$value}}}lsearch{/etc/passwd}{$value}}}}
> log_output = true
> current_directory = "/tmp"
> return_fail_output = true
> return_path_add = false

FWIW, and this is likely *not* the cause of your ALRM problems, it
appears that there's an undocumented (but intuitively sensible, if you
think about it) constraint that you can't use
return_output/return_fail_output on shadow transports.

If someone can find the docs on it, please point them out to me; I'm
rather tired and might just be searching badly. Otherwise, that's a
documentation bug. It should also probably be sanity-checked in the
config *_init() functions to log a config error message; probably best
to not make it a LOG_PANIC_DIE since it's not documented (yet) as a
misconfiguration.

Chris, you'll want to remove that setting.

I'm heading to get some sleep. Someone in another timezone might have
more luck investigating this. Otherwise, I'll pick up tomorrow evening.

-Phil