Re: [exim-dev] Exim issues with shadow_transport

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Exim issues with shadow_transport
Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2008-09-26 at 03:12 -0700, Phil Pennock wrote:
>> FWIW, and this is likely *not* the cause of your ALRM problems, it
>> appears that there's an undocumented (but intuitively sensible, if you
>> think about it) constraint that you can't use
>> return_output/return_fail_output on shadow transports.
>
> In transport.c:transport_write_block(), shouldn't there be a
> "sigalrm_seen = FALSE" before the "alarm(local_timeout);" on line 234
> (per rev 1.21) so that if a previous alarm's SIGALRM was issued, we
> don't fail out immediately?
>
> -Phil

It seems to be a global var and so is set to FALSE before the function
is called (line 765 of transports/pipe.c)
I don't see why it can't be set to FALSE before the call, but it might
not make any difference to the problem. When the error occurs and
changes the value of sigalrm_seen, the entire function returns FALSE and
the value of the variable is never checked again.

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html