Re: [exim] how to verify if my exim4 can receive mails

Author: Jumping
To: Michael Heydon
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] how to verify if my exim4 can receive mails
Thanks.

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Michael Heydon <michaelh@???>wrote:

>> <<< 550 relay not permitted
>> Probably mail server does not accept mail for showme.hk and recognizes
>> this as relay attempt.
>>
>> If I add 195.60.98.253 to the dc_relay_nets in update-exim4.conf.conf,
>> the
>> test returns ok.
>>

> This sounds like a debian based setup, I don't believe
> update-exim4.conf.conf is stock exim.

Yes, I use debian. Defaultly the exim4 debian package put
update-exim4.conf.conf in /etc/exim4/.

> How Can I Enable my Exim4 could accept this type test without modify
>> dc_relay_nets ?
>>

> The default config files that ship with exim have a "domainlist
> relay_to_domains =" line which defines which domains you will accept mail
> for even though they aren't local.
>
> If your distro has replaced the standard config files with their own
> special way of doing things, then you might have better luck talking to
> them.

Do your means set "domainlist relay_to_domains = showme.hk" ? I have set
/etc/mailname as "showme.hk".

--
Don't tell me how many the enemies,but where they are!
(ADV:Perl -- It's like Java, only it lets you deliver on time and under