Re: [exim] how to verify if my exim4 can receive mails

Author: Michael Heydon
To: Jumping
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] how to verify if my exim4 can receive mails
Jumping wrote:
> <<< 550 relay not permitted
> Probably mail server does not accept mail for showme.hk and recognizes
> this as relay attempt.
>
> If I add 195.60.98.253 to the dc_relay_nets in update-exim4.conf.conf, the
> test returns ok.

This sounds like a debian based setup, I don't believe
update-exim4.conf.conf is stock exim.
> How Can I Enable my Exim4 could accept this type test without modify
> dc_relay_nets ?

The default config files that ship with exim have a "domainlist
relay_to_domains =" line which defines which domains you will accept
mail for even though they aren't local.

If your distro has replaced the standard config files with their own
special way of doing things, then you might have better luck talking to
them.

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
michaelh@??? <mailto:michaelh@jaswin.com.au>