Re: [exim] I've modified Erik Mugele's exim_surbl.pl utility…

Author: Mike Cardwell
Subject: Re: [exim] I've modified Erik Mugele's exim_surbl.pl utilityfor blocking URIBL in Exim
Graeme Fowler wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 16:37 -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
>> One of the important additions I made in the code was the addition of
>> checking against a whitelist database to eliminate false positives.
>
> Small nit: that doesn't eliminate false positives. It eliminates
> returning positive results against hosts, addresses or URIs in the
> database - not the same thing at all.

*Every* single domain name that it caught on my system yesterday failed
to fall within their listing policy:

existsshaded.com
dozencourier.com
orecopper.com
bedcalab.com
anrosite.com
searchvisiontech.com
cluttlergroup.com
dogsswim.com
phosphatefarmhouse.com
jadedistinguished.com

None of those are were created within the last 5 days. Most of them were
nowhere near 5 days.

Mike