Re: [exim] Generic Router Options

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Russell Wilton
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Generic Router Options
On 2008-09-11 at 11:41 -0600, Russell Wilton wrote:
> So, my question is: "Why isn't there a recipient option for routers?" I

I'd guess that it's just because mail is designed around a notion of a
federated name-space and you either are responsible for a domain or
you're not and the Exim options encourage people to think along the
right lines to not start causing problems for mail to other domains
because of errors in rules matching against an entire recipient. The
easy way encourages safe behaviour (and I wish more software did this).

> know there are issues with the recipients list in ACLs, but routers only
> deal with a single recipient address. I can check the local_part and
> domain separately, why not the complete address? What am I missing here?

condition = ${if !match_address{$local_part@$domain}{+exempt_addresses}}

This form should also deal correctly with affixed addresses by letting
you just list the base address. match_address was added in 4.33.

-Phil