[exim] Generic Router Options

Author: Russell Wilton
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Generic Router Options
Hi:

I am trying to set up a white-list type of facility to exempt a small
number email recipients from having a particular type of filtering
applied to their incoming mail. The easiest place to apply this seems
to be in the router that does the filtering, so I would like to be able
to specify:

recipient = ! +exempt_addresses

however, this option doesn't exist. The closest I can get is:

domains = +local_domains
local_parts = ! +exempt_users

which isn't quite the same thing, but close enough for my purposes. I
suppose I could get closer to the desired functionality with a condition
containing a lookup, but that's a bit awkward.

So, my question is: "Why isn't there a recipient option for routers?" I
know there are issues with the recipients list in ACLs, but routers only
deal with a single recipient address. I can check the local_part and
domain separately, why not the complete address? What am I missing here?

Russ

--
Russell D. Wilton                  E-Mail: wilton(at)uleth.ca
Info Tech Systems Analyst              Voice:  (403) 329-2525