著者: Marc Silver
To: exim-users@exim.org
題目: [exim] Strange Exim Behaviour
Hi guys,

I've been Exim 4.69 (and previous releases of 4.x) for about a year now
but have recently (since last week Saturday) encountered some very strange
behaviour from Exim.

After having a fairly massive queue dumped on my two servers (around
12,000 messages each totalling around 45GB) they seem to be completely
unable to recover from these large queues. Even though my retry statement
is "F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,6h" I have mails in the queue that are
older than 7 days.

The oldest mails in the queue do not seem to be getting hit by the queue
runners and therefore the queue size is not decreasing nor are old mails
being expired from the queue. If I manually instruct Exim to flush these
messages (exim -v -M <msgID>) the messages flush, but a manual queue run
just never seems to get there.

In contrast, new mails are pumping through the server without error and
the two are collectively pushing out 170GB of mail per 24 hour period
(limited by bandwidth entirely), so it seems Exim is not entirely broken.

I'm stumped. I can't find anything in the log file that points to a
problem but it's clear something is wrong.

I've attached my config file in case anyone needs more information.

I would appreciate any help or feedback you guys could give me.

Thanks in advance,
Marc