Re: [exim] Can't build exim 4.69 on Slackware 11 system

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Phil Pennock
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Ivan Lezhnjov Jr.
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Can't build exim 4.69 on Slackware 11 system
On 2008-08-13 at 16:35 +0300, Ivan Lezhnjov Jr. wrote:
> > rfc2047.o(.text+0x548): In function `rfc2047_decode2':
> > : undefined reference to `libiconv_close'

> Now I tried of course to set
>
> HAVE_ICONV=yes
> CFLAGS=-O -I/usr/include
> EXTRALIBS_EXIM=-L/usr/lib -liconv
>
> in Local/Makefile but make still generates exactly the same error message (the
> quotation block in this message, not in previous one).
>
> I tried to disable use of tcpwrappers and libiconv but make still generates
> exactly the same error message.

I believe that Exim, when you do a "make clean" issues a warning about
needing to do "make makefile" to remake the makefiles.

make clean ; make makefile ; make

Also, check where libiconv.so is; hopefully you have a working locate(1)
command, so: "locate libiconv.so". The directory that is in is the
directory to include after the -L in EXTRALIBS_EXIM and the
corresponding .../include directory in CFLAGS.

Note also that you want to use CFLAGS+=<new options> with += instead of
a bare = because otherwise you lose the existing settings, some of which
are needed (as another recent thread has proven).

-Phil