著者: Olaf Hopp
To: sd
CC: exim users
題目: Re: [exim] spool queue question
Steve Devine wrote:
> We are going to be upgrading and retiring some mx machines. What I am
> wondering is if I create a new machine can I tar up exim/input/* and
> move it over to the new machine?
> Will the new exim accept these spooled messages as if they were there
> own? Maybe theres a better way than just tarring them up?
> Does the host name have to stay the same? Wondering what others have done.
> Thanks
> /sd

Well, when I was in this situation I created a smarthost-Router on
the old box which points to the new box with * as domain.
So after the next (forced) queue run everything was immediately
pushed to the new box.
Drawback is, that spool/retry times restart at zero on the new box :-(

Olaf

      __0
    _-\<,_     Dipl.-Geophys. Olaf Hopp
   (_)/ (_)    ATIS - Abteilung Technische Infrastruktur

University of Karlsruhe          EMail: Olaf.Hopp@???
Faculty of Computer Science      WWW  : http://www.atis.uni-karlsruhe.de
Building 50.34 Room-No. 009
Am Fasanengarten 5               Fon  : +49 (721) 608-3973
D-76131 Karlsruhe / Germany      Fax  : +49 (721) 608-6699