著者: Renaud Allard
To: sd
CC: exim users
題目: Re: [exim] spool queue question
Hello,

Steve Devine wrote:
> We are going to be upgrading and retiring some mx machines. What I am
> wondering is if I create a new machine can I tar up exim/input/* and
> move it over to the new machine?
> Will the new exim accept these spooled messages as if they were there
> own? Maybe theres a better way than just tarring them up?
> Does the host name have to stay the same? Wondering what others have done.

In fact, you will have to move more than exim/input, you will have to
move the whole queue (probably in /var/spool/exim or something like
that). The exim version should be the same on both the new and the older
one.

The best way is probably installing your new servers and preserving but
not referencing the old ones while the queue empties. This should not
take more than 8 days. It mostly depends on whether you have public IPs
available for both the new and old servers.

Regards