著者: Phil Pennock
To: Andrew Rosolino
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Exim Headers Showing Wrong Domain
On 2008-06-24 at 07:43 -0700, Andrew Rosolino wrote:
> Hi I have a website named gaincoporation.com and whenever I send an email the
> headers look like this..

>     (envelope-from <return@???>)
>     id 1KB9cW-0000tW-Dk
>     for andrew@???; Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:35:44 -0400

> How can I get rid of this alpha2.shiftcode.com?

Default value of received_header_text uses $primary_hostname, so if
you're not overriding received_header_text then set primary_hostname.

The value of primary_hostname defaults to what uname() returns
(qualified if need be). This is the first configuration setting
mentioned in "7.1 Main configuration settings" (of spec.txt / The Exim
Specification, available online in HTML at http://www.exim.org/ ) which
shows how to change it.

Similarly, message_id_header_domain is used for constructing Message-Id:
and the default value when unset is $primary_hostname.

The only thing which comes immediately to mind which might break if you
change $primary_hostname is Cyrus SASL, which uses the hostname as the
default realm for qualifying user accounts, so you might need to set
server_hostname (if you aren't already doing so). If you don't know
what I mean here, then it almost certainly doesn't affect you.

Oh, and if you specify $primary_hostname as a component in any paths for
logs or the pidfile or the spool, those too; but again this is fairly
unusual.

-Phil