Re: [exim] How to move users Maildirs

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to move users Maildirs
keenboy <alex@???> (Mi 18 Jun 2008 16:06:24 CEST):

> Hello,
>
> I have a mail server which runs Exim. The problem I have is that the users
> maildir is visible inside their home directories. This is a potential
> problem because it can be easily deleted my mistake.
>
> Is the Exim MTA able to be configured so that the maildir can be hidden as
> .maildir?

In the exim.conf you should find a config line with the path to the
maildir of the user. Just change this line and let exim reload it's
config (mostly near the local_delivery transport).

And of course, merge the old mail dirs into the new ones. Since the file
names should be unique, it could be done after pointing exim to the new
destination.

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -