Re: [exim] How to move users Maildirs

Author: Renaud Allard
To: keenboy, exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to move users Maildirs
Hello,

keenboy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a mail server which runs Exim. The problem I have is that the users
> maildir is visible inside their home directories. This is a potential
> problem because it can be easily deleted my mistake.
>
> Is the Exim MTA able to be configured so that the maildir can be hidden as
> .maildir?

Of course, in your transport for maildir, you probably have something like:
maildir_home:
         driver          = appendfile
         directory       = $home/Maildir
         delivery_date_add
         envelope_to_add
         return_path_add
         maildir_format
         mode            = 0600
         mode_fail_narrower = false

What you have to do is to change the "directory" variable to the one you
wish (i.e: directory = $home/.maildir) .

However, you will also have to move all mails to this directory
manually, and you may have to reconfigure your pop/imap/webmail services
too to reflect this change.