著者: Ian Eiloart
To: Farhan Ahmed, Exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] ACL question

--On 8 June 2008 02:49:52 +1000 Farhan Ahmed <ahmed.farhan@???> wrote:

> Hello Guys,
>
> I am scratching my heads over 3 days and couldnt find answer yet. So, you
> guys are my last hope now. We are running exim , IMAP and mysql on one
> box. I must have to accept
>
> local_domains and local_hosts in ACL. But still anyone can send email to
> my domain users via telnet 25 other than relay. How can I solve this
> issue.
>
> My configuration is as....

<snip>
> so, I can write script that can generate fair enough spams. How can we
> overcome on this? Any help would be appreciated.

It seems that you think it is a problem if people can connect to your
machine on port 25 and send email to your users. That's how SMTP works. If
you don't allow it, then you can't get email delivered to you from the
Internet.

If you don't want to accept email from the Internet, then delete everything
except:

acl_check_rcpt:

accept hosts = :

accept  hosts         = +relay_from_hosts

accept authenticated = *

deny    message       = relay not permitted

If you want to accept email from the Internet, but not spam, then you have
to use a variety of anti-spam techniques. None of them are perfect, and
there are too many to describe here.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex