Re: [exim] Exim don't accept remote connections

Author: David Favor
To: José David Bravo Álvarez
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim don't accept remote connections
José David Bravo Álvarez wrote:
> Im using CentOS 5 with exim 4.63.
>
> I can do telnet localhost 25 and it works fine. But if I do telnet
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 25 from Internet it refuse the conection. The server
> have not firewalls.
>
> Thanks

Be default many OS installs setup iptables to block pretty much every
port. Check your /etc/sysconfig/iptables file. On Fedora I had to add
an entry for smtp, http, dns, etc... of a form similar to:

    -A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 25 -j ACCEPT

For udp protocols like DNS, be sure to add a udp rule also.

--
Love feeling your best ever, all day, every day?
Click http://RadicalHealth.com/join for the easy way.