Re: [exim] Problems with manualroute

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: John Horne
Para: Exim users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Problems with manualroute
On Sat, 2008-05-17 at 23:20 +0200, german@??? wrote:

> Ok, now I've updated, and exim -bV shows
> Exim version 4.63 #1 built 20-Jan-2007 10:40:39
> Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2006
> Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.3.29: (September 6, 2005)
> Support for: crypteq iconv() IPv6 GnuTLS move_frozen_messages
> Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm dbmnz dsearch
> nis nis0 passwd
> Authenticators: cram_md5 plaintext
> Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
> Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
> Fixed never_users: 0
> Size of off_t: 8
> Configuration file is /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated
>
> Can I use my old exim.conf, or should I create a new one?

Well you can try your old config file, but keep a close eye on the log
files to see that all is okay. There is an upgrade document provided
with exim for users upgrading from version 3 to 4. I would suggest
reading it first perhaps.

The thing is that it is a big jump from 3.36 to 4.63. There are many new
variables, functions and basically different ways of doing things now
(ACl's in particular). You need to go through your config file, and see
if the way you handle your mail can be done any better. That is not
something that you will learn (or do) in 5 mins though, you need to work
through the changes from version 3 to 4. The exim docs (newstuff,
changelog and spec.txt) will have most of the changes (the changelog
starts at version 4.21 I think, so the earlier version 4 changes won't
be mentioned). Additionally you could look through the main exim web
site (http://www.exim.org) or perhaps the new user site
(http://www.exim-new-users.co.uk).

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287
E-mail: John.Horne@???       Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001