[exim] Exim quota and getting space used value out

Author: Martin Nielsen
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exim quota and getting space used value out
Hi all,

We're currently running a mailsystem running exim - in that process we're
using quota for people's mailboxes. The quota is read from a database for
each user.

My question is will it be possible to grab the currently used space whenever a
mail is delivered to a user as a value for further processing or do I have to
script my way out of that?

When exim is running in debug mode it sums up the total space used for each
delivery and it has a few lines where it states how much space the user has
used in all. I'm very interested in getting that value out so I can use it in
exim to update a database with current space used for that particular user.

Alternatively I have to traverse the mailstorages manually via scripting from
cron to get the values, but I was hoping I could use what exim has found
already.

I haven't been able to find anything about this in documentation or on the
web. Sorry in advance if I've missed it.

Best regards,
Martin Nielsen