Re: [exim-dev] Development blockage...

Author: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Development blockage...

On 14 May 2008, at 12:39, Michael Haardt wrote:
> A few people have CVS access, but most are afraid of changing Exim
> on their own. In the past, Philips reviewed all patches. How can
> we fulfill the need of reviewing changes? Exim-dev is there, perhaps
> it is time to use it for presenting patches, describing them, and if
> there is a consensus they are good, anybody with CVS access may commit
> them without fear.

There is a test suite. Its very comprehensive, however I have not got my
head around it nor managed to make it work well on the hardware
platforms I have tried, which has made me somewhat nervous of it. Having
that in place and easily usable (say a system which allows current CVS
trunk to easily be pushed through it) would help.

Bugzilla can help with the patch management. And things hiting bugzilla
do go into exim-dev.

     Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]