Re: [exim] Save a mail and then execute a script

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Save a mail and then execute a script
Julien Balmont wrote:
> Hi Bill, thanks for your wuick answer.
>
> I've tested what you've proposed, and it worked. But I meet another issue.
> The script I'm calling ios supposed to open the saved file and check its
> content.
>
> But at the moment the script is called, the file doesn't seem to be saved
> yet. Do you have an idea?

With files writes, it cannot be guaranteed to be where you expect it to
be until Exim *finishes* the delivery.

You can watch this happen if you have

log-selector = +all (for test)

Each active router/transport set will create a time-stamped log line.

Back that 'log-selector = ' down to a more selective subset for
production, ELSE remove it and use the defaults. Otherwise, you can
fill the HD with logs.

NB: SQL inserts and selects *are* handled in near-real time.

So, too certain types of executables.

But that alone is not reason enough to complicate life if you do not
have to.

> Thanks for your advice about Perl and not PHP, I'll talk about it to my
> colleagues to make them change theinr mind :)

Each has its strengths.

But you can probably do what you want without *any* external scripting.

*snip*