Re: [pcre-dev] 7.7 Release Candidate available

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Issaana
CC: Pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] 7.7 Release Candidate available
On Sat, 3 May 2008, Issaana@??? wrote:

> IE7, Firefox3, Safari3 and Opera9 seem to treat a lone ] character as
> data.

The person who first alerted me to this problem has sent me the
following explanation:

Section 15.10.1 of the ECMA 262 specification excludes ']' from being a
regular pattern character:

PatternCharacter :: SourceCharacter but not any of:

The fact that appearantly all JavaScript implementations did not handle it
correctly was discovered only recently by the Acid3 test number 89
(http://acid3.acidtests.org). Development snapshots of both Safari and Opera
should have the problem fixed as both browsers get a 100/100 score. Firefox
is likely to follow once 3.0.0 is released, Konqueror users need a current
KDE 4.x version and PCRE 7.7.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel