Re: [pcre-dev] 7.7 Release Candidate available

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Issaana
CC: Pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] 7.7 Release Candidate available
On Sat, 3 May 2008, Issaana@??? wrote:

> > 13. Added the PCRE_JAVASCRIPT_COMPAT option. This makes the following changes
> >     to the way PCRE behaves:

> >     (a) A lone ] character is dis-allowed (Perl treats it as data).

> I tried the following script by some browsers on Windows.
>
>     document.write('a]b'.match(/a]b/) + '<br>');

> IE7, Firefox3, Safari3 and Opera9 seem to treat a lone ] character as
> data.

Well, the folk who asked me to implement PCRE_JAVASCRIPT_COMPAT are KDE
developers who quoted a JavaScript definition that states otherwise.
They tested my patch in their application, and said that it fixed a
problem they had previously had. I myself know nothing about this issue.

I will pass your message to them for comment.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel