Re: [exim] Ocasional 'Unrouteable address'-message with LDAP…

Author: Mark Schouten
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Ocasional 'Unrouteable address'-message with LDAPenvironment
On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 15:09 -0700, Phil Pennock wrote:
> nscd flaws are not implausible. Your clue-level seems sufficient. :^)
>
> Take check_local_user out of the picture by using a direct LDAP lookup
> in a condition instead and see if that fixes it? Do this on one of the
> three boxes, compare error rates.

I've changed the routers so that they don't use check_local_user
anymore, but:
                user = $local_part
                router_home_directory = USER_MAILDIR

where USER_MAILDIR is:
USER_MAILDIR = ${lookup ldap{ user=LDAPUSER pass=LDAPPASS
ldap:///ou=mail,ou=services,dc=bit,dc=nl?\
        maildirectory?sub?(&(objectClass=bitMailAccount)(uid=
$local_part))}}

This works fine, but I do see an occasional:
Failed to find user "xxxx" from expanded string "$local_part" for the
localuser router

So, again I have the feeling that nscd is letting me down here, since I
expect that Exim uses 'user' to find the uid, and that fails.
Fortunately, Exim now tempfails and delivers the message later on.

Anyways, I think that if I let Exim do the ldap-lookup for the uid
directly, I don't need nscd at all? If I hand Exim a numeric uid for
'user', there's no need for translation of username -> uid.

Please correct me if I'm wrong..

Again, please reply to marks@??? too, since I'm not the list itself.
And thanks for the replies.

--