Re: [exim] Spam block

Author: Dave Evans
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spam block
On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 11:11:05AM +0100, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> Khaled Hussein wrote:
> > i am using Exim4 on FreeBSD 6.0, i have a problem that from time to time
> > one of my customers (we are ISP) send through my server a huge amount of
> > emails mostly to yahoo.com domain, so yahoo start deferring my server IP
>
> IM, probably unpopular, O, the correct to solution to all
> Yahoo/Hotmail/MSN delivery problems is to ignore it.

Fair point, but having one of your own customers/users spewing out spam is a
Bad Thing, even if you don't much care that you can't deliver to
bigfreemailprovider.com any more. Best to get the source of the problem
fixed anyway, and also wise to pre-emptively defend against future spam
floods.

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/