Re: [exim] Spam block

Author: Martin A. Brooks
To: Khaled Hussein
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] Spam block
Khaled Hussein wrote:
> i am using Exim4 on FreeBSD 6.0, i have a problem that from time to time
> one of my customers (we are ISP) send through my server a huge amount of
> emails mostly to yahoo.com domain, so yahoo start deferring my server IP

IM, probably unpopular, O, the correct to solution to all
Yahoo/Hotmail/MSN delivery problems is to ignore it. These guys emit
huge quantities of spam, have near useless abuse contacts[0] and make
sending email to them hard. Delivering to hotmail is extra interesting
as it's perfectly normal for mail successfully sent to simply never
appear in the recipient's account.

--
Martin A. Brooks |  http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
   Consultant    |  martin@???      | filtering. Inoculate

[0] The last time I contacted them to report spam, I included the full email including headers as per their instructions. About a week later I got a canned reply saying they couldn't take any further action as I hadn't included the mail headers. Assuming I'd simply made a mistake, I resent the email, definately including the headers. Again, several days later, the exact same message. At that point I gave up.