Re: [pcre-dev] Different Versions Of PCRE for pcretest, pcr…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Simeon F. Willbanks
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Different Versions Of PCRE for pcretest, pcregrep & pcre-config
On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Simeon F. Willbanks wrote:

> I am having trouble ugrading PCRE to 7.6 and enabling UTF-8 and
> Unicode properties support.
>
> $ ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-utf8 --enable-unicode-properties
> $ make
> $ make install
>
> I didn't see any errors, but it looks like only pcre-config was upgraded.
>
> $ /usr/bin/pcretest -C
> PCRE version 6.6 06-Feb-2006

Test whether it built it properly. In the source directory, run

./pcretest -C

If that is correct, then it must be the "make install" that went wrong.

> I was hoping that pcretest & pcregrep would be upgraded.

They should be. I would try again from a clean start, and save the
output so that you can check what is happening. It should show you what
"make install" is doing.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel