[pcre-dev] Different Versions Of PCRE for pcretest, pcregrep…

Author: Simeon F. Willbanks
To: pcre-dev
Subject: [pcre-dev] Different Versions Of PCRE for pcretest, pcregrep & pcre-config
Hello,

I am having trouble ugrading PCRE to 7.6 and enabling UTF-8 and
Unicode properties support.

My system is CentOS 5. PCRE 6.6 was installed. I downloaded 7.6 and
ran these commands:

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-utf8 --enable-unicode-properties
$ make
$ make install

I didn't see any errors, but it looks like only pcre-config was upgraded.

$ /usr/bin/pcretest -C
PCRE version 6.6 06-Feb-2006
Compiled with
UTF-8 support
No Unicode properties support
Newline sequence is LF
\R matches CR, LF, or CRLF only
Internal link size = 2
POSIX malloc threshold = 10
Default match limit = 10000000
Default recursion depth limit = 10000000
Match recursion uses stack

$ /usr/bin/pcregrep --version
pcregrep version 6.6 06-Feb-2006

$ /usr/bin/pcre-config --version
7.6

I was hoping that pcretest & pcregrep would be upgraded. I tried
running make uninstall and repeated the process. I still get the same
results. Have I missed something obvious?

Thanks,
Simeon