Re: [exim] Rotating SMTP Outgoing IP addresses - SOLUTION

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Dave Lugo
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Rotating SMTP Outgoing IP addresses - SOLUTION
On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Phil (Medway Hosting) wrote:

> > So the way I see it my purpose is legitimate and I'm doing everyone a
> > favor. The ISP doesn't have to put me in a white list. The customer gets
> > their email quicker. I look at it as getting around an unintended side
> > effect of their spam filtering. Just like google, hotmail, yahoo, etc.
> > use more than one IP for sending email. They would have the same problem
> > if they didn't.
>
> I hate to bring the subject up again, but had it occurred to you that if you
> stopped using callouts, you might not hit the ISP's rate limit in the first
> place ?

call-forwards (which I hope is the case here) are great, as long
as they're cached (which exim does). We do all want to avoid
backscatter, I hope :)

I think the Rotating SMTP Outgoing IP addresses is a bad idea.
You should already be using parallel sessions, so the pipe is
nearly full, I'd hope. If you can shove additional items over
the same session, that helps too (though I don't know exim's
specifics in this area). You want to rotate IPs, send from
multiple physical hosts.

Trying to make smtp into IM is silly, imho.

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC