Re: [pcre-dev] 7.7 Release Candidate available

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Sheri
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] 7.7 Release Candidate available
On Mon, 28 Apr 2008, Sheri wrote:

> I compiled pcre and pcreposix shared libraries with Msys configured
> through cmake, no problem.
>
> Ran runtest.bat, no problem.
>
> Used the libraries with our existing app, and tests, no problem.

That's three out of three "no problem"s. Good! Thanks for testing.

> Can you add an internal option for the new javascript compat option,
> e.g., (*J_COMPAT)? Won't be able to use that otherwise.

Why would you want to use it? This was a very special feature that was
put in for the benefit of applications that want to be JavaScript
compatible. I am not sure that it is a choice that the creator of a
regex should/could/would want to make. But, as always, I'm prepared to
listen to arguments in favour...

Philip

--
Philip Hazel