Re: [exim] XCLIENT supported by exim?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Renaud Allard
To: Graeme Fowler
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] XCLIENT supported by exim?

Graeme Fowler wrote:

> Please keep focussed on the Exim aspect of this thread on the list - the
> aspect which says "Exim doesn't support the XCLIENT extension", rather
> than anything else.
>
> If subscribers would like to argue about the relative merits of the
> product(s) being mentioned, please do so off-list.

Sorry Graeme,

I just wanted to focus on the fact that exim does rbl check,
greylisting, and scan with kaspersky. So, there is no real reason to
implement XCLIENT when exim can do eveything the gateway does + many
other things the gateway does not.

Incentives to implement XCLIENT are thus extremely low.

It would probably even be better and less expensive to do something like:
exim filter -> proprietary gateway -> exim mailserver
if some features of the gateway are "needed"