Re: [exim] XCLIENT supported by exim?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
To: Marten Lehmann
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] XCLIENT supported by exim?

On 23 Apr 2008, at 12:22, Marten Lehmann wrote:
> Why doesn't exim support XCLIENT? Was the issue discussed be the
> developers? Or did noone start to implement it?

No one has cared sufficiently about it to do any of:-
- implement it
- discuss its implementation
- raise a bugzilla request for it

I note that a google search of "xclient" over exim.org gets zero hits,
and a search of our bugzilla also gets zero hits for the word "xclient".

Which looks to me as though its not been implemented because there is
exactly zero expressed interest in the feature. [Which is not to say
that a massive letter writing campaign would immediately set me to
coding it - although I'd probably respond well to large offers of
money (used currency, small bills etc).]

BTW I don't know the extension well, but it looks to me as though both
an implementation of the extension *and* policy controls to control
when/how its used with a default policy of not accepting it would be
required.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]