Re: [exim] AAAA Lookup despite primary_hostname being set in…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Graeme Fowler
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] AAAA Lookup despite primary_hostname being set inconfiguration
On Sat, 2008-04-12 at 10:23 +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> In some situations, I find the system sending out an AAAA query to the
> DNS resolver for the local host name when exim starts up. stracing
> exim nailed this down to a gethostbyname2 call with AF_INET6 for the
> local host name.
>
> I'd like to know how I can make exim refrain from doing this lookup.
> Is this possible from configuration, and why is the lookup done in the
> first place?

Global option "disable_ipv6 = true"

I believe that if Exim is permitted to bind to all interfaces, and
there's an IPV6 interface (whether explicit or automatically assigned)
then it'll do AAAA lookups. If you set the above option, it won't.

You could also use dns_ipv4_lookup or ignore_target_hosts to achieve the
same ends.

See
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch13.html#SECID93

Graeme