[exim] AAAA Lookup despite primary_hostname being set in con…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marc Haber
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] AAAA Lookup despite primary_hostname being set in configuration
Hi,

Exim's Debian packages have a configuration option "minimaldns", which
- if activated - hardcodes the output of hostname --fqdn into the
primary_hostname option on package installation time. This was
implemented to have system on an expensive pay-by-connection or
pay-by-minute Internet connection not dial in when exim starts up and
works most of the time.

In some situations, I find the system sending out an AAAA query to the
DNS resolver for the local host name when exim starts up. stracing
exim nailed this down to a gethostbyname2 call with AF_INET6 for the
local host name.

I'd like to know how I can make exim refrain from doing this lookup.
Is this possible from configuration, and why is the lookup done in the
first place?

Any hints will be appreciated.

Greetings
Marc