Re: [exim] Vacation replies only to chosen addresses

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Patryk R.
CC: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Vacation replies only to chosen addresses
On 2008-04-10 at 15:00 +0200, Patryk R. wrote:
> How can I set the vacation transport/router to autoreply about vacation
> only to mails from a group of specified addresses? I cannot set another
> condition, because I already have one that prevents autoreply to groups
> or undisclosed recipients. I saw in the FAQ that there can be a "require
> senders" directive pointing to $HOME/.acceptlist - but what is the
> syntax of that file? Plain addresses in it don't work (or this is not
> the right use for it). Could someone please help me with this?

"require" is for ACLs, you're probably better off putting the
restriction on the router.

Conditions can be 'anded' together with the 'and' expansion condition,
${if and {{cond1}{cond2}}} so already having one isn't a problem, but
still that's unnecessary here.

Check The Exim Specification (spec.txt, or on the website in HMTL) for:
3.12. Router preconditions
and see that you can add "senders = ..." to the Router. So this is
where to apply the check, *not* with "require senders" in an ACL.

The bit to the right of the equals sign (=) is then an "address list";
if an item in the list is a filename, such as $HOME/.acceptlist, then:
10.3. File names in lists
is what applies.

Between 10.3, explaining how file names in lists are handled and
interpreted, and "10.19 Address lists", you have a complete syntax
description.

-Phil