Re: [exim] clamd: killed last night

Author: Chris Searle
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] clamd: killed last night

On 7. april. 2008, at 10.10, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:

> On 07.04.2008 10:00, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
>> Is there anybody else who had the same problem?
>
> ACK.
>
> The freshclam daemon obviously locked the database long enough for
> clamd
> to time out retrying to obtain a lock on the DB. So it ended itself.

Same here.

One thing I wonder - with the following setting:

av_scanner = clamd:/var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl

Is there any way to configure exim to say that instead of rejecting
when this is missing in /var/run - allow mail as normal - just add a X-
something-sensible here header to say that mail was not virus scanned?

--
Chris