Re: [exim] clamd: killed last night

Author: Renaud Allard
To: Heiko Schlittermann
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] clamd: killed last night
Hello,

Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know, it is slightly offtopic, but on this list I expect some response
> to confirm my suspicion:
>
> Last night, around 23:30 the freshclam daemon tried unsuccessfully to
> connect to a number of webservers. These attempts probably took a long
> time. During (?) this time the clamav-daemon (the scanner itself) died
> (around 0:30).
>
> I experienced this behaviour on a number of machines last night.
>
> Is there anybody else who had the same problem?

I have already had this kind of behavior from clamd many times.
Generally, the daemon crashes because it tries to reload a corrupted sig
database (unfinished download).
The latest version of clamav (0.93RC) which is unfortunately still in RC
has another database management and has not crashed this way yet.