Re: [exim] imap recomendation

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Steve Dobson
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] imap recomendation
Arvid

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 14:24 +0100, Arvid Ephraim Picciani wrote:
> anyone can recommend an imap server?
> Tried courier but i really dislike it. I don't run exim as root so

courier
> will just disconnect the client without any warning whatsoever becouse

the
> mails are owned by exim and not the user. (although the user can write

them
> through group rights). which is not acceptable.

I was going to recommend courier as that is what I use, and I'm not
seeing this
kind of behaviour. I have a set up where a Debian (etch/stable/4.0)
system
receives a copy of all e-mail for fail-over/backup - just in case the
main
mail server (Exchange, spit, spit) dies. I've not heard any complaints
from
the users (Outlook/IMAP) having their IMAP connections get dropped.

I have heard them say that every now and then Outlooks locks up as it
appears to
go off and read all the IMAP message headers. There doesn't appear to
be any
caching going on. We've attributed this to poor/deliberate programming
on M$'s
part to "encourage" you to use Exchange. If anyone knows differently
then
please let me know what the fix is - thanks.

> Also i'd like to filter spam into INBOX.Spam as well as mailing lists

into
> INBOX.SomeLists directly by exim. i figured i could use .forward, but

it is
> fairly limited. any other ideas to do that?

Take a look at exim filters. You can use either system wide filters or
account
filters, depending upon your requirements. The filter condition can
activate a
named transport on a header match so looking for "List-Id" containing
"exim-users.exim.org" could be used to filter emails from this list into
the
appropriate mailbox.

In the past I have used filters to divert spam, but on the
recommendation of some
on this list I've just switched to using SpamAssassin parsing on the
data ACL
(check the archives for details) and now filter spams using the exim
routers that
check the $spam_score_int thus:

begin routers

maybe_spam:
  no_verify
  driver        = accept
  transport     = maybe_spam_delivery
  condition     = "${if  > {$spam_score_int}{20} {yes} {no} }"

begin transports

maybe_spam_delivery:
  driver                = appendfile
  directory             = /home/spam/Maildir/.spam_maybe
  directory_mode        = 0750
  mode                  = 0600
  user                  = spam
  group                 = mail
  maildir_format
  create_directory

Hope this helps
Steve
--
Steve Dobson

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.