Re: [exim] Temporary error not treated as such

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Renaud Allard
To: Jonathan Schneider
CC: Exim-users, Jeremy Harris
Betreff: Re: [exim] Temporary error not treated as such

Jonathan Schneider wrote:
> I have never touched the retry configuration in my entire exim
> career. It says this.
>
> *                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,6h

> Jon
>
> On 25 Mar 2008, at 20:42, Jeremy Harris wrote:
>
>> Jon Schneider wrote:
>>> Why is the 421 causing an immediate failure ?
>>>
>>> 2008-03-25 17:11:34 1JeCgP-0000A8-SS <= jon@??? U=www-data
>>> P=local S=1468 id=35195.192.168.3.32.1206465093.squirrel@ma
>>> il.jschneider.net
>>> 2008-03-25 17:11:34 1JeCgP-0000A8-SS == jan@??? R=dnslookup
>>> T=remote_smtp defer (-44): SMTP error from remote mail server
>>> after RCPT TO:<jan@???>: host mail.xxxxx.com
>>> [213.232.100.89]: 421
>>> temporary envelope failure (#4.3.0)
>>> 2008-03-25 17:11:34 1JeCgP-0000A8-SS ** jan@???: retry
>>> timeout exceeded

Which version of exim are you running? Are your running a version
between 4.64 and 4.66 included? If yes, this is a known bug, and you
should upgrade.
See: http://www.exim-users.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-54391.html