Re: [exim] Mail server rejection

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Martin A. Brooks
To: H. Haines Brown
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Mail server rejection
Haines Brown wrote:
>     # exim -v -bt brownh@???
>     R: system_aliases for brownh@???
>     R: userforward for brownh@???
>     R: procmail for brownh@???
>     R: maildrop for brownh@???
>     R: lowuid_alias for brownh@??? (UID 1000)
>     R: local_user for brownh@???
>     brownh@??? router = local_user, transport = mail_spool

> I don't have either procmail or mail drop (or sendmail) installed, and
> so don't know why they would show up here.

That's showing you in which order exim is processing routers. The final
one is the one that's actually used.

> Things worked OK when trying to see a remote mailbox:
>
>     # exim -v -bt kb1grm@???
>     R: smarthost for kb1grm@???
>     kb1grm@???
>         router = smarthost, transport = remote_smtp_smarthost
>       host mymail.myregisteredsite.com [209.237.134.152]

That's not "seeing" a remote mailbox. You're asking exim "how would you
handle this message?" and it's telling you.

> But when I try to send a message to that box:
>
>     T=remove_smtp_smarthost: SMTP error from remote mail server
>      after RCPT TO:<kb1grm@???>:
>      host mymail.myregisteredsite.com [209.237.134.152]:
>      sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts

That server doesn't think the domain arr1.net is one it should handle
mail for.

> This error message does not make sense to me. Does not my ISP's mail
> server just send off received mail to where it should go?

Yes, but if the mail server or MX records are incorrect, errors will
occur, as seems to be the case here.

> It seems something very basic is wrong

Yes, either the MX records for arr1.net are incorrect, or
209.237.134.152 is misconfigured, or both. From the information you've
given us, I would conclude that _your_ exim installation is working
perfectly.

--

 Martin A. Brooks |  http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
    Consultant    |  martin@???      | filtering. Inoculate