[exim] Mail server rejection

Inizio della pagina
Autore: H. Haines Brown
To: exim-users
Oggetto: [exim] Mail server rejection
I've been struggling with this for a week without success. When it
comes to debugging exim, I haven't a clue.

I have a laptop (sidux on a Thinkpad X61s) that can browse the web and
receive mail through a router, but can't send it. I installed mutt for
MTA, fetchmail to retrieve mail, and exim4 for MTA. I assume these are
the only apps I need for mailing. Exim is configured exactly the same
as on my two other machines (which run debian etch) and with which
there is no problem.

I tested exim configuration (# exim -bV).

I tried sending to local mailbox:

    # exim -v -bt brownh@???
    R: system_aliases for brownh@???
    R: userforward for brownh@???
    R: procmail for brownh@???
    R: maildrop for brownh@???
    R: lowuid_alias for brownh@??? (UID 1000)
    R: local_user for brownh@???
    brownh@??? router = local_user, transport = mail_spool

I don't have either procmail or mail drop (or sendmail) installed, and
so don't know why they would show up here.

Things worked OK when trying to see a remote mailbox:

    # exim -v -bt kb1grm@???
    R: smarthost for kb1grm@???
    kb1grm@???
        router = smarthost, transport = remote_smtp_smarthost
      host mymail.myregisteredsite.com [209.237.134.152]

But when I try to send a message to that box:

# exim kb1grm@???

  08:22:08 1JdPCN-0002D3-Tj
    <== root@???
    U=root
    P=local
    S=364
  08:22:08 1JdPCN-0002D3-Tj
    ** kb1grm@???
    R=smarthost
    T=remove_smtp_smarthost: SMTP error from remote mail server
     after RCPT TO:<kb1grm@???>:
     host mymail.myregisteredsite.com [209.237.134.152]:
     sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts
         (#5.7.1)
  08:22:08 1JdPDE-0002D6-B5
    <== <>
    R=1JdPCN-0002D3-Tj
    U=Debian-exim
    P=local
    S=1373
  08:22:08 1JdPCN-0002D3-Tj
    Completed

This error message does not make sense to me. Does not my ISP's mail
server just send off received mail to where it should go? What is this
list of recipient hosts and why does the server use one? Is such a
list normal? (I'm not trying to relay)

/etc/email-addresses has: user: brownh@???

/etc/mailname has: hartford-hwp.com

    # exim -brw brownh
      sender: brownh@???
        from: brownh@???
          to: brownh@???
          cc: brownh@???
         bcc: brownh@???
    reply-to: brownh@???
    env-from: brownh@???
      env-to: brownh@???

$ hostname
langhans

$ dnsdomainname
hartford-hwp.com

$ hostname -d
hartford-hwp.com

$ hostname -f
langhans.hartford-hwp.com

It seems something very basic is wrong, as if I'm missing something,
for superficially it all should work. I have difficulty understanding
the man exim debugging and need a little direction.

I did

      # exim -d kb1grm@???

and the information returned is almost identical to what I get with
exim running on a desktop with debian etch.

Haines Brown