[exim] Newbie : Is Exim4 relevant for sending to an ISP requ…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Olivier
To: exim-users
題目: [exim] Newbie : Is Exim4 relevant for sending to an ISP requiring authentication ?
Hi,

Please, apologize if this question appears stupid but as a beginner, I'm
still confused with exim4 and email programs in general.

I've set an IP telephony server which is receiving faxes.
It translates those faxes into TIFF or PDF files and send those files using
exim4 to email mailboxes such as bob@???.

Unfortunately, destination mailboxes are managed by an ISP which require
SMTP and POP clients to somehow authenticate.
As my knowledge of exim4 and email programs is very limited, I'm wondering
if there's a way for exim4 to provide these authentication data.

I wrote "somehow authenticate" as it's not very clear in my mind :
- when we send emails during normal work hours, everything works fine
- but when we send emails during off-hours (Week-Ends, nightime), relaying
is denied ("Relaying denied" error message) and our ISP says we need to
authenticate just like Outlook clients do.

My questions are :
1. Is it possible for Exim4 to work with such ISP service ?
2. Is this http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.68/doc/html/spec_html/ch48.htmlrelevant
for that or shall I read something else ?

Best regards