Re: [exim] Email DNS Issue

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Email DNS Issue
Craig Jackson wrote:

> [...]

Flawed logic. Heavily so. (the 'hoops')

We aren't dealing with human beings - or even animals - that get tired,
exhibit learning behaviour - and go away.

We are dealing with billions of infected WinBoxen that do NOT get tired,
learn only what their botmaster's program into them from analyzing their
'hit' statistics, not their 'fail' statistics, (they must have such..),
and do NOT 'go away'.

Any form of baiting them, playing with them, honeypot or tarpitting them
- trying to make them jump through hoops - is counterproductive.

All it does is eat more CPU cycles and bandwidth - both your own, the
victim's, and everyone in between.

*stolen* resources, of zero cost to the botmaster.

Ultimately adding to Global Warming, if you will.

What we want is the earliest possible disposal and least risk of
blocking 'good' mail - two circumstances that pull in opposite directions.

But if you could have one - and ONLY ONE tool - lack of a proper PTR RR
is the single most effective one, and with the least risk of improper
rejection.

'False Positives' - Not.

Badly configured senders - sadly.

Bill