Re: [exim] dnsbls

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jerry Jorgenson
Para: Exim Users List
Asunto: Re: [exim] dnsbls

On FridayMar 14, 2008, at 8:30 AM, Phil ((Medway Hosting)) wrote:

> The reason generic rDNS is blocked, is because I am a believer that
> "proper"
> mail servers should have FCrDNS (although I don't insist on this yet).

Agreed, but many ISPs, including some very large ones, don't seem to
have the technical ability to point reverse DNS to the domain's name
server for a proper reverse lookup. Over the past ten years and five
ISPs, only 1.1 have gotten it right. (The .1 is that one of them got
it right for a month, then broke it and was never able to fix it. The
one that did get it right stopped servicing my area after a year.)

Right now, some of mine point to generic ips and some point wrongly.
I have spent more than 200 hours with the current ISP trying to get
it fixed, but so far no success--and yes, I have always had business
accounts with static ip-addresses.

If anyone has had success in instructing ISP personnel on how have a
reverse address correctly refer to the proper name server I would
like to hear the method. (Giving them the page number in the DNS &
BIND book doesn't seem to work. Even getting them to understand the
request seems as difficult as getting a paper airplane to the moon.)

Jerry

--
Jerry Jorgenson
jerry@???