Re: [exim] dnsbls

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Martin A. Brooks
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Phil (Medway Hosting)
Υ/ο: Exim Users List
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] dnsbls
Hi

This will be my onlist comment on this thread.

Phil (Medway Hosting) wrote:
> Having a non generic PTR means that you are serious about running a mail
> server, have taken the trouble to get it set up properly, are far less
> likely to be a spammer who has signed up for a server with a duff credit
> card, and not just some kid at home or a trojanned box !!

Or, alternatively, as it is in my case, having a shoebox server to
handle outbound mail for my LAN is convenient, so I do so. When sending
mail from home, it all goes out that way.

> IT WORKS.

Did you notice the part where your server threw away a perfectly
legitimate non-spam email? That's not so much "WORKS" as "FAIL".

> I wouldn't recommend leaving your PTR as it is, but "your network - your
> rules" :-)

Indeed.

--
 Martin A. Brooks |  http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus