Re: [exim] dnsbls

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Michael Heydon
Para: Martin A. Brooks
CC: Exim Users List, Phil \(Medway Hosting\)
Asunto: Re: [exim] dnsbls
Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> Michael Heydon wrote:
>> I assume that the rejection refers to a message coming from
>> "82-69-6-203.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk" which is valid but contains the
>> dirty word "dsl". I have seen a few servers complain about that sort
>> of thing. They assume dsl means residential and/or too small to run a
>> mail server, which around here certainly isn't the case. The simplest
>> solution is to change your ptr record.
>>

> I'd argue that the simplest solution is for me to do nothing :)
>
> Phil's server is undoubtable rejecting other perfectly legitimate
> email, the onus is on him to fix the cause of the problem.

Well that is the other way of looking at it (and technically I agree, I
could list a couple of dozen DSL users who handle their own mail), the
"fix" assumes that you have a boss/customer/something yelling at you to
"just make it work".

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
michaelh@??? <mailto:michaelh@jaswin.com.au>