Re: [exim] dnsbls

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Michael Heydon
Para: Martin A. Brooks
CC: Exim Users List, Phil \(Medway Hosting\)
Asunto: Re: [exim] dnsbls
Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> Phil (Medway Hosting) wrote:
>
>> Actually - that THEN borders on the idea of spammers getting together to
>> sort out their own "working group" and charging people like us, not to send
>> spam to our networks. Hmm - would that be counted as extortion or "a
>> service" ?
>>

> And apparently I'm your first customer :)
>
>   phil@???
>     SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
>     host mail.medwayhosting.com [217.158.80.188]:
>     554 5.7.1 Email from servers with Generic rDNS will not be accepted by this server - Complain to your Email Service Provider & see http://medwayhosting.com/spam.html

> Sent via a host with perfectly valid DNS entries.

I assume that the rejection refers to a message coming from
"82-69-6-203.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk" which is valid but contains the
dirty word "dsl". I have seen a few servers complain about that sort of
thing. They assume dsl means residential and/or too small to run a mail
server, which around here certainly isn't the case. The simplest
solution is to change your ptr record.

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
michaelh@??? <mailto:michaelh@jaswin.com.au>