Re: [exim] $message_size and spamassissin

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Marc Sherman
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] $message_size and spamassissin
Ted Cooper wrote:

> So how does one detect if SA isn't working correctly and failing from
> inside Exim? I'm already keeping a watch out for it - If it's not
> running, a restart of the service is attempted and if that fails, Exim
> is killed and I am notified. But if SA is still running and failing
> inside Exim I have no way of knowing.

Logwatching seems like the best approach here.

But the kinds of failures I've seen that prompted me to remove redundant
checks of the spam= condition from my ACLs weren't spamd crashes or the
like, but rather spamassassin bugs handling particular malformed
messages (such as attachment bombs). In those instances, the specific
message would repeatably time out the spamc check, but spamd would
continue running and subsequent scans of different messages worked fine.

- Marc