Re: [exim] $message_size and spamassissin

Autor: Marc Sherman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] $message_size and spamassissin
Ted Cooper wrote:

> If you keep the "spam = user" verb/condition/thingy the same each time
> it is called (just keeping the user the same, you can add/remove the
> true bit), the result is cached and only calls SA once so it's no less
> efficient than any of other condition. I use it for a yes/no condition
> in my spam ACLs.

Please reread my message that Johann was replying to:
http://lists.exim.org/lurker/message/20080310.143243.4dbec324.en.html

Caching the repeated lookups only works when Spamassassin is working.
When Spamassassin fails (such as due to a timeout), there's no result to
cache, so each invocation in the ACL re-runs it. And a message that
fails with a spamassassin timeout is exactly the worst possible time to
be rerunning it 5 times for your CPU and disk.

- Marc